Anyway, we looked at men of faith in the New Testament book of Hebrews; particularly the 11th chapter. Here are some questions I posed at the beginning:
- Where does God call us as men to grab hold of ‘nothing’?
- What does it mean to “grow in faith”?
- How does faith affect our leadership?
- Do you lead your family in faith? Or is your wife always the one driving the direction of your family?
- Are you living in a state of extended adolescence?
- What are the areas of your life that are “unturned stones” that need redemption?
Here is the class outline:
a) Intro to Faith & Faith from the First Dudes (Hebrews 11:1-7)
b) Abraham: Man of ‘Other-Worldly’ Faith (Hebrews 11:8-22)
c) Moses: Man of ‘Non-Conformist’ Faith (Heb 11:23-31)
d) Women Warriors, Wussies & Cavemen: From Judges through Intertestamental History (Heb 11:32-40)
e) God’s Gym: Faith & Discipline (Hebrews 12:1-17)
The last one we didn't even get to. We barely touched on the 'wussies' section (yes, too pithy, I know even for my taste). I will tease out briefly some of the major points we covered in that class.
I'm grateful for Wesley, Jon, Andrew, Eric, Brandon, Joshua, Scott, and Kevin-- all who 'persevered' the class at some point perhaps 'not realizing the promise' the class was supposed to deliver.=+)